October 4, 2023 | Volume 5, No. 10
Where has the year gone?! It’s already October, we are entering the final quarter of 2023, and even with so much already accomplished this year, Voters Not Politicians still has plenty of work left to do.
As the Programs Director for Voters Not Politicians, I wanted to send this month’s newsletter to give you an update on what we’re working towards in the final months of this year!
In this month’s newsletter, you will hear how Voters Ed Fund is re-launching our successful Election Protection program to recruit Nonpartisan Election Challengers and Observers for the November 7th election. 🗳️
You will also get updates from the Voters Not Politicians Field Team, who have begun knocking doors to inform voters about the urgent need for ethics and transparency reforms in our legislature. 🚪
And this month’s staff spotlight highlights the newest member of our Development Team! 🐝
Make sure to check out Voters Not Politicians’ recent press highlights as well. We’ve been making quite a bit of news this month. 📰
Even as the end of 2023 comes ever closer, Voters Not Politicians has no intention of slowing down. In fact, every program we focus on today is laying the groundwork for our 2024 plans. With your continued support, I have every confidence we will be successful this year and beyond!
Voters Not Politician
In This Issue
- Gearing up to Protect Our Elections – Again! 🗳️
- Fall Field Strategy in Full Swing! 🚪
- ICYMI – VNP is Making Headlines 📰
- New Grants Manager Helps Keep Our Grassroots Movement Growing 🐝
- Upcoming Events 🗓️
- How you can stay involved 😃
Updates from the Field
Gearing up to Protect Our Elections – Again! 🗳️
In partnership with Promote the Vote’s Election Protection Program, Voters Ed Fund is re-launching our Nonpartisan Election Challenger and Observer Recruitment Program for local elections on November 7th.
Democracy Reform Strategy in Full Swing! 🚪
Last month we announced the kick off of our fall field plan and we have hit the ground running. We started things off with an Anti-Corruption Webinar to discuss the ins and outs of our legislative goals and took to the doors in Benton Harbor and Wyoming to ensure elected officials hear from their constituents about how important this legislation is.
ICYMI: VNP Making Headlines 📰
Debate planned for Benton Harbor city candidates WSJM | September 15, 2023
Democracy Academy: Government — elections the focus Mining Journal | September 16, 2023
LTE: Lawmakers need to be held accountable Oscoda Press | September 20, 2023
Early voting, no-reason absentee is illegal, 11 Michigan Republicans contend MLive | September 28, 2023
Republican lawmakers sue over voter-approved election ballot proposals Michigan Radio | September 28, 2023
New Grants Manager Helps Keep Our Grassroots Movement Growing 🐝
Voters Not Politicians has always been a grassroots organization. As we’ve grown our pro-democracy programming, we’ve learned will need even more support to be able to continue and expand that important work.
Democracy Canvasses for Ethics in Government: Join us to knock doors and talk to people in your neighborhood about critical anti-corruption reforms in Michigan.
- Mt. Clemens, Saturday, October 7th; 10a-1p
- Battle Creek, Saturday, October 7th; 10a-1p
- Riverview, Saturday, October 14th; 10a-1p
- Ypsilanti, Saturday, October 14th; 10a-1p
Benton Harbor Voter Access Town Hall: Saturday, October 21; 1 – 2:30pm EDT
This event is an opportunity to learn about new changes to Michigan’s voting laws, hear from other members of the community, and contribute towards boosting Benton Harbor’s civic participation in 2023 and 2024! Come learn about the different ways you can make your voice heard and make a plan to vote this November 7th!
El Concilio Dia de los Muertos Festival, Saturday October 28th, 5pm-8pm (multiple shifts available) in Kalamazoo.
How you can stay involved, and help make structural democracy reforms
- Show off your Voters Not Politicians Volunteer pride with official VNP merch!
- Make a donation to keep our pro-democracy movement going. Monthly recurring donations are especially important to keep VNP strong and help us plan for the future.
- Join our volunteer ranks. You can be part of the volunteer army that makes Voters Not Politicians a pro-democracy powerhouse!
- Sign up here to be part of the Dial for Democracy (DFD) legislative advocacy team, and make sure you have opted in to receiving emails from VNP.