VOLUNTEER WITH VNP
- Legislative Liaison volunteers are needed in each of the 38 Senate and 110 House districts to engage in grassroots lobbying to ensure that VNP’s policy priorities advance to become law. Volunteers will meet with their elected official monthly, in their own district, to discuss VNP's priority legislation, as well as be available for 1-3 hours per week for virtual meetings and email communication with VNP staff and the local field team.
- Clerk Engagement volunteers will champion the implementation of Proposal 2 (2022)’s new voting laws. Volunteers will meet periodically with their clerks to address gaps, collect information on progress towards implementation, and identify education needs for their community. Volunteers are needed from every county and municipality, and will need to commit at least 2-4 hours per month to this project from February 2023 to August 2023.
- Campus Liaison volunteers will help build campus-based student volunteer teams at 5 universities: University of Michigan (Ann Arbor), Michigan State University (East Lansing), Western Michigan University (Kalamazoo), Central Michigan University (Mount Pleasant), and Grand Valley State University (Allendale). Campus Liaisons will advise and assist students as they create, build, and manage club-based chapters at their universities, with support from program managers and regional volunteer coordinators.
- The Democracy Academy Committee will help to develop, test, and facilitate a curriculum for communities to learn about their municipal governments through Democracy Academy. Volunteers will meet virtually twice a month, February - December 2023, along with completing independent work of 2-4 hours per week.
- Dial for Democracy volunteers receive exclusive alerts when it's time to call your lawmakers on legislation or decisions that impact Michigan's democracy. These alerts will contain info and tips to help you have an easy and productive call to your local lawmaker. There is no specific time commitment for this role.
Our volunteer recruiting teams will use your address to place you on a local volunteer team with other volunteers in your community.
Our recruiting teams will prioritize potential volunteers who have agreed to the Volunteer Terms & Conditions when placing people on local volunteer teams.
Our mission is to strengthen Michigan's democracy by engaging citizens in meaningful change. In order to achieve that mission effectively, our volunteers are asked to represent Voters Not Politicians and our nonpartisan solutions - not a party, partisan belief, or another organization.
Do you have a question that is not listed above? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
+ By checking the SMS message opt-in box, you agree to receive periodic text messages from Voters Not Politicians. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to stop receiving messages.