Southeast Michigan Recruiting Organizer
Voters Not Politicians (VNP) is an exciting, volunteer-driven, nonpartisan nonprofit organization whose mission is to strengthen democracy through effective citizen action. We are thousands of everyday Michiganders who united to end gerrymandering in Michigan in 2018 and to expand voting access during the 2020 election. We continue to make structural changes to ensure that our elected officials work for the people.
The Recruiting Organizer reports to the Education Program Director and serves as lead organizer for the recruitment, training, and retention of volunteer poll challengers in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston, and Washtenaw Counties. Ideally, the Recruiting Organizer will have experience with communities in Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston, and Washtenaw Counties.
The Recruiting Organizer will facilitate recruiting, onboarding, and training poll challengers, and will support processes, meetings, workshops, etc. to keep poll challengers active, productive, and satisfied with their roles. The Recruiting Organizer will support both the Education Program Director and Civic Engagement Manager in planning, execution, and reporting on campaign objectives.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Oversee and support the activities of volunteer poll challengers
- Track program metrics and progress to goal
- Work with staff and volunteers to make measurable progress toward campaign goals
- Motivate and empower volunteer poll challengers to experience success and achieve goals
- Maintain the chain of communication; plan and supervise calls and meetings as needed
- Evening and weekend hours will be required
A preferred candidate will:
- Reside in the southeastern region of the State of Michigan (Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston, Washtenaw, Monroe, or Genessee counties)
- Have experience recruiting, organizing, and managing volunteers
- Be competent and confident with technology and willing to dig in to learn quickly
- Have excellent time management, project management, and communication skills
- Be responsive and patient
- Prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion
- Be conscientious and a stickler for accuracy
- Be willing to respond quickly outside normal business hours
- Have a strong passion and commitment to democracy and voting access for all
- Have previous experience with NGP VAN and other NGP products
Compensation: $4,150/month plus a $350 per month health care stipend September 2022 through November 15, 2022 and up to $1,000 performance bonus.
This position is primarily work-from-home, but occasional travel within the State of Michigan may be required. Travel is reimbursed at $0.585 per mile.
Voters Not Politicians is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please apply by sending your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.