JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: Statewide Organizing Manager
Organization and Position Overview
Voters Not Politicians is a Michigan nonpartisan nonprofit organization whose mission is to strengthen democracy through effective citizen action.
The Organizing Manager will take responsibility both for managing volunteer and staff-driven organizing including voter contact and meeting other campaign and program goals across the state of Michigan. The Organizing Manager will oversee the activity of volunteer regional field directors, field coordinators, and other local leaders, along with any regional or local field staff. Essentially, the Organizing Manager will see that program goals are met. Evening/weekend hours and some travel will be required.
- Report to the Campaigns Director
- Oversee the activities of six Voters Not Politicians Field Regions
- Oversee the activities of local teams engaged in Nights and Weekends (clerk engagement to expand access to voting) and other VNP programs including legislative education and accountability.
- Track program metrics and progress to goal for field teams and leaders, developing regular and ad-hoc reports for VNP leadership and funders
- Motivate volunteer field leaders to experience success and achieve goals
- Plan and supervise calls and meetings
The ideal candidate is
- Able to adapt quickly, make decisions, and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Able to demonstrate success in a political working environment maintaining confidentiality and working with people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and partisan political leanings
- An excellent communicator, both in person and in writing
- Responsive to supervisors, peers, and volunteers
- Comfortable using technology
- Proactive, positive, flexible, and responsible
- Able to travel when needed throughout area of responsibility
At least 6 months regional or statewide campaign experience as an organizer in politics, issue advocacy, or trade unions. Demonstrated experience managing volunteers to achieve goals.
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Salary commensurate with experience
Voters Not Politicians is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.