Regional Organizer - Traverse City
Regional Organizer (Traverse City) Job Description (Contract Position)
Voters Not Politicians (VNP) is an exciting, volunteer-driven, nonpartisan nonprofit organization whose mission is to strengthen democracy through effective citizen action. We are thousands of everyday Michiganders who united to end gerrymandering in Michigan in 2018 and to expand voting access during the 2020 election. We continue to make structural changes to ensure that our elected officials work for the people.
The Regional Organizer reports to the State Field Director and supports volunteers in meeting campaign objectives. Ideally, the Regional Organizer will have experience with communities in the Traverse City area. Occasional travel throughout northern Michigan required.
The Regional Organizer will facilitate recruiting, onboarding, and training volunteers at all levels, and will support processes, meetings, workshops, etc. to keep volunteers active, productive, and satisfied with their roles. The Regional Organizer will support both the State Field Director and Data and Targeting Director in planning, execution, and reporting on campaign objectives.
- Facilitate voter contact, including in-person field actions; and phone and text bank management
- Oversee and support the activities of local teams engaged in VNP’s current programs
- Track program metrics and progress to goal for field teams and leaders
- Work with field staff and volunteers to make measurable progress toward campaign goals
- Motivate and empower volunteer field leaders to experience success and achieve goals
- Maintain the field team chain of communication; plan and supervise calls and meetings as needed
- Evening and weekend hours will be required
A preferred candidate will:
- Have experience recruiting, organizing, and managing volunteers
- Be competent and confident with technology and willing to dig in to learn quickly
- Have excellent time management, project management, and communication skills
- Be responsive and patient
- Prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion
- Be conscientious and a stickler for accuracy
- Be willing to respond quickly outside normal business hours
- Have a strong passion and commitment to democracy and voting access for all
- Have previous experience with NGP VAN and other NGP products
Compensation: $3650/month plus a $350 per month health care stipend August 2022 through November 15, 2022.
Voters Not Politicians is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.