Regional Organizer - Southeast Michigan
Regional Organizer Southeast Michigan Job Description (Contract Position)
Voters Not Politicians (VNP) is an exciting, volunteer-driven, nonpartisan nonprofit organization whose mission is to strengthen democracy through effective citizen action. We are preparing to circulate petitions for a constitutional initiative to expand voting rights and access for millions of Michiganders. Be a part of this extraordinary effort to transform the foundation of democracy.
The Regional Organizer reports to the State Field Director and supports volunteers in meeting campaign objectives. The Regional Organizer will live in and have experience with communities in southeast Michigan.
The Regional Organizer will facilitate recruiting, onboarding, and training volunteers at all levels, and will support processes, meetings, workshops, etc. to keep volunteers active, productive, and satisfied with their roles. The Regional Organizer will support both the State Field Director and Data and Targeting Director in planning, execution, and reporting on campaign objectives.
- Facilitate voter contact, including in-person field actions; and phone and text bank management
- Oversee and support the activities of local teams engaged in the Freedom to Vote campaign
- Track program metrics and progress to goal for field teams and leaders, developing regular and ad-hoc reports for VNP leadership and funders
- Work with field staff and volunteers to make measurable progress toward campaign goals
- Motivate and empower volunteer field leaders to experience success and achieve goals
- Maintain the field team chain of communication; plan and supervise calls and meetings as needed
- Evening and weekend hours will be required
A preferred candidate will:
- Have experience recruiting, organizing, and managing volunteers
- Be competent and confident with technology and willing to dig in to learn quickly
- Have excellent time management, project management, and communication skills
- Be responsive and patient
- Prioritize diversity, equity and inclusion
- Be conscientious and a stickler for accuracy
- Be willing to respond quickly outside normal business hours
- Have a strong passion and commitment to democracy and voting access for all
Compensation: $3,650/month plus a $350 per month health care stipend through June 2022.
Voters Not Politicians is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Please apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.