Job Announcement: Development Director
To be considered, please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 10th.
Voters Not Politicians is seeking a Development Director to oversee our annual fundraising program. The Development Director will be responsible for establishing and overseeing our organization’s fundraising campaigns and communicating with current and prospective donors. This position involves managing individual gifts, major gifts, small dollar fundraising, as well as planned giving campaigns. If you have a strong background in political fundraising and/or non-profit fundraising and development, we encourage you to apply.
VNP seeks to build a diverse applicant pool that is committed to the mission, vision, and audacious goal of building a powerful family of organizations committed to strengthening democracy in the state of Michigan.
- Develop and oversee our annual fundraising program that includes individual giving, major gifts, institutional giving, grassroots fundraising, direct mail, and fundraising events
- Identify prospective donors and develop strategies to cultivate relationships
- Maintain ongoing communications with private donors and foundations
- Ensure timely and accurate reports for board of directors, executive director, and team members
- Report on program progress to senior management and the board
- Develop financial transparency annual reports for activists and external stakeholders
- Oversee the development budget and monitor expenses
- Collaborate with staff on the management and planning of fundraising events
- Manage systems and software to track and cultivate donors and prospects, including our donor database
- Communicate fundraising goals throughout the organization and equip team members to reach
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nonprofit Administration, Public Administration, Communications, Business, or another related field. Applicants without an applicable degree but with demonstrated professional accomplishment are also encouraged to apply
- 3+ years’ fundraising experience in politics or nonprofits
- Foundation relationships and grant writing experience
- Familiarity with fundraising software and tools including EveryAction, NGP, Google Drive, Basecamp, online tools, and more
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Team player, adaptability and a positive, can-do attitude
If interested, please email to email@example.com:
- A cover letter that describes the systems you have developed and used to manage projects and teams,
- A resume, and
- The contact information of three references, ideally supervisors with personal knowledge of your project management skills and experience.
We look forward to hearing from you!