JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: VoteSafe Statewide Campaign Manager
Voters Not Politicians (VNP) is a Michigan nonpartisan nonprofit organization whose mission is to strengthen democracy through effective citizen action.
No one should have to choose between protecting public health and exercising their right to vote. VNP launched the VoteSafe campaign to build, demonstrate and mobilize grassroots support for automatically mailing ballots to every registered voter in Michigan for the November 2020 election, and to hold accountable those lawmakers who fail to support vote by mail in 2020.
The Campaign Manager reports to the ED and is responsible for the management of the VoteSafe campaign team, achieving all campaign goals including field, paid voter contact program and earned and paid communications goals, and ensuring the sound financial management of the campaign.
- Supervise the State Field Director, who is responsible for managing VNP’s hundreds of volunteers statewide, and the Digital Targeting Director, who is responsible for the data management targeting and technology for the campaign as well as drive communications outputs in coordination with the communications consultant.
- Track program metrics and progress to goal for campaign, developing regular and ad-hoc reports for VNP leadership and funders
- Motivate volunteer field leaders to experience success and achieve goals
- Build collaborative relationships with community partners
- Help ensure that the campaign’s budget is on track, create ad hoc reports for funding partners, and help development pursue strategies for revenue
The ideal candidate is:
- Able to adapt quickly, make decisions, and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Able to demonstrate success in a political working environment maintaining confidentiality and working with people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and partisan political leanings
- An excellent communicator, both in person and in writing
- Comfortable using technology to connect remotely with team members and campaign partners
- Proactive, positive, flexible, responsible, and responsive, with a can-do attitude
Campaign manager or leadership position in a regional or statewide issue advocacy or political campaign with demonstrated experience managing staff or volunteers to achieve goals.
Email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with the deadline to apply June 22, 2020. The position will be filled as soon as a well-qualified person is identified.
Salary commensurate with experience
Voters Not Politicians is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.