Voters Not Politicians is a volunteer-driven, nonpartisan nonprofit organization whose mission is to strengthen democracy through effective citizen action. We are thousands of everyday Michiganders who united to end partisan gerrymandering in Michigan in 2018 and to expand voting access during the 2020 election. We continue to make structural changes to bring ethics, transparency, and accountability to state government and ensure that our elected officials work for the people.
We are excited to add an Administrative Assistant (AA) to our team! The AA reports to the ED and plays a critical role in making sure our operations run smoothly. The AA will play a collaborative role in developing and implementing systems that help us thrive and expand our impact in the state.
This is a full-time, remote position with a salary range of $35,000 to $40,000.
- Be the first point of contact between VNP and the public
- Calendaring, including scheduling meetings and monitoring deadlines
- Provide support for staff, Board, and committee meetings
- Support HR activities, including hiring and onboarding, developing policies and procedures, and planning DEI trainings
- Organize and maintain files
- Support annual audit through data gathering
- Pick-up and process mail (Lansing PO Box)
The ideal candidate is:
- A go-getter who’s comfortable working in a fast-paced, “start-up” environment
- An expert multi-tasker
- A committed team player who’s quick to help colleagues
- Empathetic and has a growth mindset
- Comfortable using technology to connect remotely with team members and campaign partners
- Responsible, detail-oriented and responsive
- Knowledge of technology including: Zoom, Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat
- Valid driver’s license and current automobile insurance
- Administrative assistant experience preferred but not required for the right candidate
Email cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis with the deadline to apply by March 18, 2021. The position will be filled as soon as a well-qualified person is identified.
Salary commensurate with experience
Voters Not Politicians is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.